"lut" docker

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 4 07:41:12 UTC 2012

On Sunday 03 June 2012 Jun, Simon Legrand wrote:
> Yeah it's something we change often. Sometimes we view textures or renders
> in multiple colour spaces and toggle between both to double check the whole
> range of tones is there.

This is the thing I didn't understand about Nuke that I talked about yesterday in the context of opencolorio... In Krita, color profiles (what I think the movie industry calls "luts") are involved in three places:

* the layer: individual layers can have their own colorspace and profile, so you can have a grayscale layer and an rgb layer in the same image

* the image: the final composition of all layers has a colormodel and a profile, which is the working colorspace.

* the final step, color-correcting the image so it displays correctly on a profiled monitor. This converts from the working space to the monitor.

Now, what you showed was a docker for that final step. But my gut feeling would be that what's needed is changing the working profile of the image (without converting the pixels, of course)...

Also, I seem to remember I a gamma slider in the Nuke video, and I'm not sure how to fit that in this scheme.