Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jun 4 05:35:25 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 Jun 2012, Simon Legrand wrote:
> Q- Are there any automatic HDRI panorama creation tools
> A- No, there are other applications for this. (However the Krita project
> might be able to leverage other open source projects to implement something
> like this. http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ )

Well hugin can export to TIFF and EXR which Krita can import. So I think it is
pretty well covered. We don't need everything in one tool, as long as
different tools can speak to each others.

> Q- Does Krita have a scripting language, command line interface or python
> api?
> A- I replied that I was not sure. I knew Krita had a scripting feature in
> previous version but I cannot find it in 2.4. Actions are supported so that
> can replace (partly) this function. I was not sure about any sort of python
> api or anything like this. So I replied that I was going to ask you guys.

Indeed, there is currently no general scripting support. One of my plan was to
reintroduce it on top of the action API.

Otherwise, we allow creation of filters/generators with some kind of scripting
language. And I am right now adding support for scripting of sketches.

> Q- Does Krita support 3rd party filter/plugin formats?
> A- I don't know. I will ask the team what kind of filter format Krita
> supports.

Not sure what you mean. What kind of 3rd party filter/plugin formats do you
have in mind ?

> Q- Is there an automatic texture tiling tool similar to gimp's
> texturize<http://gimp-texturize.sourceforge.net/>
> ?
> A- Not that I know of, I will ask the Krita team.

No. I had a quick look, and it is mostly independent of Gimp structure, so it
could be easy to port to Krita. However, I am assuming, limited to 8bit,
expending it to higher depth might be an other challenge.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott