future of hdr colorspaces

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Jun 3 17:11:47 UTC 2012

On Sunday 03 June 2012 Jun, Simon Legrand wrote:
> Slightly OT so feel free to rename this subject  line.
>
> In terms of UI for accessing colour space settings, would it be possible to
> have a Mari like way to either dock the color space display settings or ad
> it to the toolbar?

Could you do a screenshot? I don't know mari, actually :-) But in general, creating a docker is an hour or two of work...

> It doesn't need to be enabled by default (although I don't see any reason
> not to) but being able to have it on screen would be cool.
>
> It's pretty much the first UI change anyone makes when they open Mari, and
> if we're targeting the VFX crowd it's very safe to emulate Mari in terms of
> UI.

Hm, I'm wondering -- what is the purpose of a feature like this? I like to dig in a little bit beyond the similarity between two apps so we can figure out the best way of helping our users.