Krita - Gsoc 2012: midterm evaluation

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 17 07:53:53 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 17 July 2012 Jul, silvio grosso wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Yesterday, I was reading the Blender web-site where there was a short
> midterm update about their Gsoc 2012 projects.
> Luckilly, most of these projects passed the midterm evaluation (out of the
> 16 projects, only 2 students didn’t pass).
>
> To get to the point, how did it go with Krita (which got 4 projects)?

They have all passed mid-term evaluation! That's not to say there isn't a lot of work left for all of them.

Joe has done all the ground work and libraries for adding his printing dialog. He should start on that this week.

Shrikrishna has come a long way with the infinite canvas. There are still quite a few bugs left, but that's because he's digging deep into the most complex part of Krita.

Shivaraman has ported the perspective grid to an assistant and has started on getting familiar with the opengl code and the assimp library so he can import blender meshes and show them on screen. That will likely be tricky still.

Chicao is busy implementing the algorithms he developed in the first half in Krita.

And yes, apart from Chicao, everyone needs to blog more :-)