Problems with openraster images in 2.5 beta

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:45:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Monday 02 Jul 2012, Brett McCoy wrote:
>> Removing the desktop file had no impact. I attached the dialog that
>> comes up when I select "Krita" via the file manager for an ora file.
>> But regardless, why is it even asking for an import filter, and why
>> can't I open the files directly via File->Open? They don't even show
>> up in the file list in the Open dialog. I wonder if somehow the plugin
>> isn't getting built or linked. All of the other import filters work
>> (like XCF, PNG, etc).
>
> After removing the file, you might have to run "kbuildsycoca4". The screenshot
> confirms that it tries to use the raw plugin. Do you have an other version of
> Krita installed (like with the package manager) ? If that is so, you need to
> remove it.

Nope, it's the only version on my system. I think it's using the raw
plugin as a default, as a fallback, it still doesn't explain why it
prompts for a filter to begin with or why it's not listing ora files
at all when I use the Open dialog. I use a shell script to run krita,
to ensure the right libraries are loaded, and it also starts
kbuildsycoca4 manually as well. Like I said, all of the other import
filters work correctly, just not openraster. I'm not on the machine in
question right now, but tonight I will go through my build logs to see
if the plugin actually got built and linked, it's acting as if it's
not even present.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com