Planning for 2.5

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 28 10:16:18 UTC 2012

On Friday 27 January 2012 Jan, Enrico Guarnieri wrote:
> Furthermore I would suggest the following items ^^:
>
> • Better color blending capabilities. Many artists don't like blending
> colors as the same manner as old version of Photoshop, but prefer the
> Sai/Opencanvas system. I'm speaking about a brush-mixer for pulling,
> pushing, mixing the colors and painting at the same time without having
> recourse to an heavy real simulation. The actual color smudge brush is not
> very good for this purpose and feels "incomplete".

Well, we've got most of a Corel Painter style color mixer ready and done -- it just needs fixing since it broke a couple of years ago.

For on canvas smudging and mixing while painting -- I know that Silvio Heinrich still wants to work on a new version of the color smudge brush, but right now, I though that the color smudge brush was pretty okay...

> • Perspective rules (like Mangastudio):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqxuZkwEv4

Most of that is already supported -- we have a perspective grid and the painting assistants which allow for perspective. And the brush parameters can change with the perspective as well.

> • "Wet edges/fringe" (like Photoshop and Sai) to emulate watercolors.
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=89749&p=167716&hilit=watercolor#p167716

Would be very cool indeed -- but I'm not sure for 2.5, unless someone steps up and codes it. I do hope that 2.5 won't take a year and a half :-)