Planning for 2.5 (G'mic filters)

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 27 20:08:54 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Enrico Guarnieri wrote:
>  Integration of G'Mic: http://gmic.sourceforge.net/index.shtml.

This suggestion has been proposed by the French developer of G'mic as well :-) :-)

See this thread on the Krita's forum:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=89985

I think it would be marvellous to have G'mic filters integrated into Krita.
To this purpose, I wrote some months ago, to the G'mic forum, in order to ask whether this task was "easy" to accomplish.

Here you can find David Tschumperlé reply:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discuss/72157625059487505/

To my knowledege, at present, there is already an open source developer who plans to add the G'mic filters into his software:
http://code.google.com/p/delaboratory/

At present, this is not yet possible but this guy is working very *hard* to this end:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discuss/72157629020457021/

I have read on the G'mic forum that as soon as Gimp is *fully* ported to Gegl and to the Gtk 3 libraries it won't be possible to use G'mic filters anymore with it.

Best regards

Silvio Grosso