ICC profile changes

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Jan 20 19:08:25 UTC 2012

Am 29.11.11, 10:20 +0100 schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> But a working make test is a precondition for removing the Scarse profiles.

Having make test running here allows me to continue :-)

> All others will obtain the internal profile ID to better work with
> Linux CMS´s.

Cyrille,

the scRGB.icm profile has a linear gamma from 0.0 ... 1.0 . The ICC site
says, the value range starts from -0.5 and goes till 7.5 for 16-bit.
But using this profile on 16-bit data in Krita would mean a value range
from 0.0 till 1.0 like traditional LDR. Would it be easier to name this
profile "linear sRGB" or something like this?

I am going to drop most ICC profiles, due to blue casts and or
otherwise wrong colorimetry. The yccXXX.icm profiles will be dropped due
to licensing.

The WideGamut one appears at least colorimetrical correct. So I keep until
replacement becomes reachable.

The krita tests passed.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann