Paintop tutorial

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:04:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Francisco Fernandes <
francisco.fernandes.j at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Does this tutorial <http://blogs.kde.org/node/2594> to create a paintop
> in Krita 1.6 still valid to
> the current version? I want to try make some stuff but i'm not
> sure if this is the right starting point.

That tutorial is completely out of date. The best starting point is to copy
one of the plugins in krita/plugins/paintops and modify it. For the start
you can also put it into the defaultpaintop plugin, there you only need to
add two classes for the paintop and the settting widget. If you run into a
problem you can also ask in IRC #krita on irc.freenode.org