Krita Touch: Krita for tablets

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sun Feb 5 12:57:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have started working on a QML based user interface for Krita to use on
tablets devices (mainly targeting Plasma Active and Android), the application
should allow to make both sketches and high quality drawings. I am putting my
thought in this wiki page:

http://community.kde.org/Krita/Touch

Feel free to comment on your personal usecases, or ideas on how the
application should/could look like. The main goal is to provide a set of QML
components that can be used to create applications, since the strong point of
QML is to make it possible to easilly (as in non-coding knowledge required)
create user interfaces. Of course, it will provide an "example"/"official"
application, but which is likely to be very general purpose.

I have started coding on that, but there is not much to see yet, it will take
some time to be "usefull", right now, you can paint on a layer but the image
is not updated in the canvas, and the branch in git is "krita-touch-
cyrille_berger".

My current plans are to:

* code a QML component for a color selector
* code a QML component for a brush selector
* implement loading/saving

And hopefully, that would give us a technological preview with Krita 2.5 or
more likely 2.6.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott