[calligra/vector_compositioning_kazakov] /: Added the first version of per-architecture binaries for composition

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:02:06 UTC 2012

Hi!

Could anyone help me with testing the new multi-architectural build of
Krita? I can test it on two systems only: avx and ssse3 :(

If someone is interested in it, here is a small manual how to do it:

1) Fetch the newest Vc repository and switch to the 'staging' branch
git clone git://code.compeng.uni-frankfurt.de/vc.git
cd vc
git checkout origin/staging

2) Build Vc

3) Go to Krita and switch to 'vector_compositioning_kazakov' branch
git checkout origin/vector_compositioning_kazakov

4) Build Krita

5) When you run the resulting binary on some machine, you will see a set of
debug messages when Krita starts. They tell you which architecture is used
right now and which features of the processor were used during compilation.

6) Try running this binary on different machines. The messages on the Krita
start should be different. And it should not crash, of course! ;)

--
Dmitry Kazakov