Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:43:30 UTC 2012

Hello Simon!, thank you very much for your feedback

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Simon Legrand <legrand.simon at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> Also drag and drop may get a bit annoying with a wacom when selecting
> layers. It seems that layers get 'grabbed' quite quickly when you're simply
> trying to select it or activate it. Maybe a grab 'handle' to the right of
> the layer could help with this?
> [...]

I'm very interested on this little annoyance, first, because I was in
charge of fixing it one year ago ---it used to be even worse (it drove _me_
crazy).

I implemented a fix and hardcoded a number that dictates the number of
pixels the stylus has to move before the layer begins being grabbed. The
number used to be 0, so basically any time you touched the layer on the
wrong place --for example you didn't correctly click one of the tiny
visibility or lock icons-- it began dragging, it was really annoying, and
it was due to a bug in Qt, so I made a workaround implementing our own
version of certain functions in that widget, including that hardcoded
number of pixels to begin dragging, and then the problem alleviated
somewhat.

Now that you know how I fixed it... I wonder if you still think a "dragging
anchor" is the best solution or maybe simply an application-wide setting to
alter this "number of pixels needed to start a drag"?, it sounds a bit
unintuitive to configure your GUI like that so I wouldn't disagree if you
think the anchor is better. I just want to give the right solution. The
layerbox is currently set to start dragging at 15 or 20 pixels if I recall
correctly (you can test it).

I can fix this, so let me know if you've been given other suggestions on
how to fix it most properly (and how does it behave in Photoshop or other
popular software?)

~Pentalis.