Choosing Krita's most annoying bugs and most sought after features

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:38:04 UTC 2012

I have a proposal:
--Let's ask our users for their most hated bugs, or most wanted features,
in Krita.
--If they are grouped in something large, which could be turned into a
project instead of a set of bug fixes, then let's give shape to that
project.
--Let's propose it.
--People vote on it.
--I will do it.

Let me elaborate a bit further. I want to find an efficient way to
prioritize what to work on, for an extended period of time.
Slangkamp has his own vision for bug priority:
<slangkamp> Pentalis: priority should be data loss->crash->regressions
->often report things->normal bugs->minor bugs
<slangkamp> at least that's how I see it

My own POV answer:
<Pentalis> well, it depends, we all hate crashes, but a crash that happens
once a week is less annoying than a feature that doesn't work properly and
you use it every 5 minutes

I want to resurrect my blog on Krita, update it weekly, and make buzz about
new exciting features or new equally exciting bugfixes. What makes a bugfix
exciting?, when it kills bugs you really hate; same with features, they're
exciting when you really wanted them.

So I need YOU, dear Krita user, to help us find these most sought after
features and most hated bugs. Give us your own list of horrors and dreamed
features, explain those you think merit explaining (specially new
features), and give us your insight on what more efficient way we can use
to determine which improvements rank as the most needed for our application.

I'll be giving a face-lift to my blog on the meanwhile.