Really missing icons in C 2.5

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Aug 3 04:22:18 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2012, 17:35:32 schrieb Timothée Giet:
> 2012/8/2 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org>
>
> > Hi Timothée,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2012, 16:13:46 schrieb Timothée Giet:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sorry for the late answer,
> > > I can give some help on this.
> > >
> > > I'll start with f) and g) as you suggest for now.
> >
> > Great :) Do you need some data/info what these icons are about and where
> > get possible vector material, or do you have a good idea already?
>
> I was about to search for such infos, but if you can provide such infos
> I'll save some time.
> So yes please :)

Well, after a quick investigation I can provide less info than I hoped to, but
here you go (hopefully other people with knowledge about the
tool-changetracking, commentTool and inspector (in Sheets) can add here):

f) Missing Snap to Boundingbox
------------------------------
snap-boundingbox
    libs/flake/SnapGuideConfigWidget.cpp:34
Used in a checkbox to control if bounding boxes of objects should be used as
guidelines to snap to.

Used in all option widgets where snapping is configured, e,g. in Calligra
Words at the bottom of the "Basic shape manipulation" tool view.

Calligra has icons for all the snap options in
	libs/flake/pics/ox16-action-snap-*.png
which are copies from the Oxygen iconset.
In Oxygen the SVG versions can be found in the "small" subset, e.g. for the
16x16 variants in
	http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-
icons/scalable/actions/small/16x16/snap-*.svgz

No idea where a bounding box is already part of a icon, so the presentation
could be consistently reused. Also no idea how to design the icon.

g) Missing Tools
----------------
tool-pagelayout
    words/part/pagetool/KWPageToolFactory.cpp:33

As the name already tells, a symbol for (the tool for) the basic layout of a
document page/slide

Seen e.g. in Calligra Words in the title bar of the tool view "Page layout".
No idea from where the icon could be derived.

tool-references
    plugins/textshape/ReferencesToolFactory.cpp:34

A symbol for (the tool for) everything related to refering other texts
(footnotes, literature, citation).

Seen e.g. in Calligra Words in the title bar of the tool view "References",
No real idea here where to take symbolism from for the icon.

tool-changetracking
    plugins/textshape/ReviewToolFactory.cpp:36

No real idea here. Maybe currently not available in the UI?

commentTool
    plugins/commentshape/CommentToolFactory.cpp:32
No idea how and where to create comment shapes and thus how to see the comment
tool.
So no idea what is needed here as icon.
Comment related icons are in Oxygen none, in Calligra:
sheets/data/toolbar/hicolor/hi16-action-comment.png
sheets/data/toolbar/hicolor/hi16-action-removecomment.png
flow/stencils/SDL/comment.png

inspector
    sheets/ui/CellToolBase.cpp:812
no real idea what the inspector is about, Sheets is not my field of
experience.

Will see to move all this information to the wiki the next days, so there is a
central point of truth to track what is worked on and what info is collected.

Cheers
Friedrich