Krita portable.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Apr 28 12:37:45 UTC 2012

On Saturday 28 April 2012 Apr, Srikanth Tiyyagura wrote:
> Can you tell me why funding is needed in open source projects ?
>
> I think, Contributors code for free. Then where will we need money ?
>
> Just to know the process of developing open source project, I'm asking these questions ?

Some things are just no fun; having funding for those things will leave us more time for the fun stuff. We've done this before, when Lukas and Dmitry got funding to work on bugs and performance issues. In a way, summer of code is also funding development. So, when looking at windows packages and in general fixing stuff on Windows, it's pretty clear hardly anyone is going to volunteer for that. Same with making standalone packages on Linux: it's not a fun and challenging job, so if we can pay someone to do the work, that should help free our free time for interesting things :-)