Krita portable.

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sat Apr 28 12:17:55 UTC 2012

On Saturday 28 Apr 2012, Srikanth Tiyyagura wrote:
> Can you tell me why funding is needed in open source projects ?
>
> I think, Contributors code for free. Then where will we need money ?
>
> Just to know the process of developing open source project, I'm asking
> these questions ?

It is actually untrue that all contributors code for free. Many of them are
actually paid by companies.

The reason we need money for some kind of work (like windows or Simon's
usecase) is that there is little free contributor interest for it (keep in
mind that unpaid contributors works on whatever they want to work on). So if
there is no incentive for the unpaid contributors to work on those subject,
you need to find someone who will do it for money.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott