Krita portable.

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:30:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Simon Legrand <legrand.simon at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone. Does anyone know if there are plans to make Krita more
> portable? In that I mean having a distribution which would package all
> of its needed libraries (or as many as possible) statically to allow
> it to run on almost any linux system without having to install all the
> needed libs.
> It's probably wishful thinking but if anyone knows of someone doing
> something like this I'd love to know.

In my limited knowledge as one of Krita's developers, I know of no plans to
specifically make a statically linked Krita package for Linux. For Windows,
however, there are plans. After someone achieves this feat, it will be
comparatively easy to do it in Linux. We just have to be patient and wait.

I think it will happen. But, again, there are no plans (that I know of)

~Pentalis