Invert Selection: no "marching ants" around the canvas borders?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 29 19:36:56 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Just out of curiosity :-)
I don't know whether this is a feature or a "bug" with Krita 2.4.
Probably I am far too used with the Gimp features :-)

In short, I would like to know why there are NO visible "marching ants" when you invert a selection with Krita 2.4 (b3).

In short:
1. Open a new image
2. Select a rectangular area (around the center of this image).
The "marching ants" appears around this rectangular area.
3. Invert the selection (ctr+shitf+I): NO marching ants are showed at the borders of the canvas
4. When, for instance, I fill with a colour this area the inverted selection is coloured.
This means everything works as expected.

To recap, Is it "normal" not having the "marching ants" around the borders when you invert a selection (as in the "Gimp way")?

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso