Tooltips in the toolbar: small difference

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 28 21:32:18 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just discovered a little "problem" related to the tooltips used in the toolbar.
Naturally, I am aware this glitch is nearly insignificant... :-)
I am writing this post only for helping in polishing Krita 2.4 a bit further.

In short, the "syntax" for their descriptions is not always the same with *short* tooltips.

Usually, there is no full stop at the end of the *short* tooltip in the toolbar. E.g.:
Basic shape manipulation
Text tool
Etc Etc

The only exception for this occurs when there is a long description for them. E.g.:
Draw a polyline. Shift-mouseclick ends the polyline.
Here you are forced to put at least a first full stop :-)

For uniformity, in my view, for short descriptions you should not put a full stop at the end.
With these 3 tooltips in the toolbar this "rule" is not respected:
draw a path.
draw a gradient.
select an area of the image with path.

In my opinion, short tooltips shouldn't have full stops at their end (it looks weird...).
But, since  I am not a Kde developer, I might be "wrong" :-)

I have found out this useful article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa511495.aspx).
Unfortunately,  it is "Microsoft biaised" :-)

Silvio Grosso