Ubuntu 11.10 Ocelot: how to get a backtrace with crashes?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 27 19:32:37 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Krita 2.4 beta 3 through the ppa calligra-neon-project  (for Ubuntu 11.10)

THANKS so much for your work!
 Krita 2.4 looks magnificent on Ubuntu Ocelot - Unity Shell ;-)

I have been trying Krita 2.4 beta 3 BUT I can't get a way to get a Backtrace when Krita crashes...

How can I get them (sorry for this weird question, I am not a geek....)?

Just to give you an example: I have just reported this crash (Bug 285123).
No matter how many times I crash Krita 2.4 through this bug, Ubuntu Ocelot never allows me to get this backtrace (in order to send it to you).

Is there some "package" I should
 install to get them with Krita 2.4?
With Ubuntu Maverick (Gnome 2.32) I always got a backtrace as soon as Krita 2.4 crashed :-)

Best regards and THANKS again in advance for your reply

Silvio