presets...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 8 13:24:50 UTC 2011

On Monday 03 October 2011 Oct, David REVOY wrote:
> hey,
>
> About your brush list : prefix 'Z' was a kind of way to recognise and
> sort mine ,  ( no tag feature were avaible at this moment ).
> All this test presets I done are *CC-0*, and I don't need to be credited
> for them. I'm sure some of them used blending mode and are surely broken
> ( need to attribute the blending mode back, and overwrite ). Please
> don't tag them as 'Deevad' or use my name ( as Mypaint did ), I want
> poeple feel more confident with tweaking them, and have a default pack.
>
> Here I propose 3 things for 2.4 default presets :
>
> _*1) remove oldies *_
> remove Gimp inherited weirdies brush from sources :
> http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6756/removebrush.jpg
> - no need of circle brush tip, we have autobrush / no need of peperoni
> and 'The Gimp' label , or other test brush.

Those aren't actually shipped with Krita. If they show up, you might have the create resources installed: I think they are in there. We only ship your chaos and evolutions set right now :-).

> _*2) More brush, more textures , more gradient *_
>   Include all the ressources of GPS 1.5 ( If Ramon agree ), more stuff,
> textures, and cool things.

Good idea. Am doing so now.

> _*3) Preset style*_
> For default 2.4 presets, make all the thumbnail use the same background
> ( no fancy icon , I think )
> Here I used for mine a gradient ( CC-0 as well ) ;
> http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/BG-Krita2.ggr

I'm adding that gradient as well.

> Simple to place on background with the gradient buttons on the brush
> preview, http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/962/presetlook.jpg
> black stroke on this gradient takes not a lot of time to do with "the
> brush icon painting area" ( if the refreshing of this one is not broken
> as it is now )
>

> By the way , doing cleaning brush and presets is hard to do, mainly
> because paintoppresets files are linked to other librairies like
> brushes. This also makes some presets with GHNS broken , because sharing
> the paintoppresets kpp files don't include the brush ( png / gih / svg /
> etc...  the 'red cross' syndrom ).

Yes, we need to solve that. That's probably (well, almost certainly) going to be 2.5 stuff: we probably need to package the brush inside the kpp file as well.