Problems with oldRawData

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:42:58 UTC 2011

Our iterators have oldRawData() and rawData() available for access. Only the
latter seems to be useful.

The Unsharp Mask filter is broken, it generates 1x64 lines instead of 1x1
pixels as a result of the operation. I found that changing the iterator from
const to non-const, and using rawData() instead of oldRawData() in every
situation, makes it behave as expected.
This is not the first time I've seen oldRawData() giving off useless
information, instead of the expected Old Raw Data of a pixel.

I think whatever mechanism fills oldRawData's information is broken
somewhere. Is there a Unit Test to keep this behavior in check?.

I don't want to submit the patch fixing the Unsharp Mask filter since using
rawData() instead of oldRawData() is just a duct-tape solution, the problem
is that oldRawData() isn't giving the right data back.

Any thought?.