PSD filter for Krita 2.4: it really rocks!

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 1 18:37:33 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

These days I have been testing the new PSD import filter available with Krita 2.4 (b3).
As you know, it has been implemented by Siddharth Sharma (Gsoc 2011)

I have downloaded loads of Psd images from this web-page:
http://downloadpsd.com/
I have tried to open them and to do something with them (crop, move layers and so on).

WOW. What an impressive results!
Krita 2.4 (beta 3) never failed to open these images (tested on Ubuntu 11.10 - Unity Shell).

Congratulations to Siddharth for his results!

No wonder Nokia chose India developers to improve its filters for his Office suite :-)
European developers beware: the Indian guys are coming :-)  :-)

The only little glitch I had has been caused by this image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3095134/USB-Pen-Drive-PSD.zip
I am not a Photoshop guy but this image looks different from the other ones I have downloaded and tested.
Gimp 2.7.4 did open it
 (not Krita 2.4: a window with an "internal error" pops up).

Best regards and THANKS indeed again to every Krita's developer!
Krita 2.4 is going to be magnificent: really :-)

Silvio