[calligra] krita/data/profiles: add eci profiles -- we have a grant to redistribute them with krita now

David REVOY davidrevoy at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:23:19 CEST 2011

> >On Wednesday 25 May 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Git commit 2d88b45151732400cd7c0d4f7f54a20fc3d7d272 by Boudewijn Rempt.
> > Committed on 25/05/2011 at 10:20.
> > Pushed by rempt into branch 'master'.
> > add eci profiles -- we have a grant to redistribute them with krita now
Hi, Good news for this Eci profile, it will be time saving for user to
have it directly :) Thanks for the investigation.
If there is a copyright or Open-source issue for packagers, a simple
"file browsing" button to add it to the profile folder will be fine :
artist who do CMYK jobs get often the ICC profile link in the
documentation of their printer and are used to manually get them.

On my gnome system, with Argyll, liblcms, Cmyktools and
Gnome-color-manager ; almost all my application retrieve my color
profile in my ~/.color/icc/ folder ; it seams they want to make it
standards ( as for the ~/.font/ folder for fonts ). I would be happy too
if Krita consider this folder as a ressource too and auto add the
profile there in the default lists of Krita CMYK/RGB profile choice.
Just an idea. May be ~/.color/icc/ is not standard enough on other
system...

-David