[calligra] krita/data/profiles: add eci profiles -- we have a grant to redistribute them with krita now

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu May 26 09:42:33 CEST 2011

On Thursday 26 May 2011 May, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Git commit 2d88b45151732400cd7c0d4f7f54a20fc3d7d272 by Boudewijn Rempt.
> > Committed on 25/05/2011 at 10:20.
> > Pushed by rempt into branch 'master'.
> >
> > add eci profiles -- we have a grant to redistribute them with krita now
>
> Hum, if it is only a "grant to redistribute them with krita", this is probably
> problematic for distributions (and not just debian)

The way I read the mail is that everybody can redistribute them as long as there's a copyright notice. The only thing that's not allowed is to change the icc files -- and that makes perfect sense, since even a single change would make them useless for their purpose, which is interoperability with publishers.

> It seems to break the KisIteratorNG test:
> http://my.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=6182539&build=191228

Maybe these profiles show up some error in the interators themselves -- I do know that when I tried to port the clipboard code to the ng iterators I saw some really weird artefacts happening. When I used the ng iterators there, selecting an ellipse would result in a square clip.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org