Qt4.7 tablet support (wacom) broken?

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed May 4 09:43:37 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 03 May 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > Oh dear, oh help... What we need is a table of *buntu versions, Qt
> > versions and wacom versions that are known to work together. I guess it
> > would be a pretty short table, though. I doubt 11.4 has fixed the
> > issues. I'm afraid I'm not much help myself, since I don't use *buntu at
> > the moment -- opensuse is amazingly good at keeping wacom + qt working.
>
> 11.04 is definitely broken.
Yup:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/koffice2/+bug/762938

They have applied a half-finished patch for Qt (from
http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-developers/qt/multipoint-touch/trees/4.7-with-
xinput2.1/ , branch that does not appear to be going to be merged in Qt
4.8...), to get multitouch and probably did not do any tablet testing, and
worse they use a old version of that patch.

In that instance, Qt is pretty much innocent, all they blame they can take is
doing their devlopement in the open.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott