travel costs

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:29:16 CET 2011

Reading those estimated ticket prizes makes me cringe...

LAN Chile had absurd ticket prizes going from US$3500 to US$5800 (with the
upside of shorter travel times).
Other airlines were less steep on the travel costs, but with larger travel
times... though I have my trusty Nintendo DS to deal with 21 hours of
travel!.

For leaving on Friday and returning on Monday, average cost: US$2500
(cheapest was Swiss airlines, $2244, let's take this price)

That's the cheapest I could find (within a reasonable time frame), link
here:
http://www.despegar.cl/search/flights/RoundTrip/SCL/AMS/2011-05-20/2011-05-23/1/0/0

All other costs of travel are meaningless in comparison, but just for
reference:
Back and forth from Rancagua to Santiago: US$10
Back and forth from Santiago Downtown to the Airport and then back: US$24
 (Yes, they overcharge for this trip  :-)  )

I can't think of any other relevant travel cost, so rounding to the nearest
100 to compensate for unexpected situations, we have:
US$2300 to arrive at Amsterdam's airport.

Those are my estimated expenses.

That assuming I manage to get a Visa to visit Amsterdam  *crosses fingers*.