Branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Tue Jun 14 19:26:46 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 10:21 PM, David REVOY wrote:
> I'm just a bit sad that it's made on wash mode . Wash mode still have a
> problem in my opinion , something I reported since more than a year with
> the wash mode : I don't know really what happen, I just know it's wrong
> for the result ; and makes the creation of a good airbrush preset in
> Krita almost impossible ( possible with normal mode, but some glitch
> appear with blending mode. ). Maybe it's not about wash mode but about a
> compositing thing or the way the soft edges of the brush is computed.
>
> I did this document to help understand what I consider as a problem :
> http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/krita_wash-mode-problem.jpg
> http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/krita-opacity_dab-self-collision.jpg
> and a little joke :
> http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/1stroke-brain.png
Ok, I came up with something.
It behaves much better now for soft brushes and is the same as before
for hard brushes.
Anyway, it's not perfect but I think this is the optimum, it won't get
better without tearing
the whole internal painting architecture down.
I hope it is good enough now.

Please test it, it's in "master".
Thx :D