Call for ideas: requirements for Krita tool actions system

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 6 10:24:12 CEST 2011

On Sunday 05 June 2011 Jun, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> > > Well, I'm afraid we'll have to override them with our own tools (through
> > the
> > > inheritance), because we'll have to add the stuff like
> > > rotation/gestures/panning to them.
> >
> > Hm... That suggests we might want to put everything in strategies and just
> > add those to the existing flake tools. Overriding them is going to be
> > tricky, since many of those tools are in plugins.
> >

> What flake tools do we have, except DefaultTool and ZoomTool?

The defaultTool is a plugin, actually. And there are many, many other tools:

commenttool, simpleentrytool, musictool, artistictexttool, texttool, connectiontool, guidestool, charttool, gradienttool, penciltool, patterntool, calligraphytool, interactiontool, pathtool, pantool, interactiontool... the list is open, because it's a plugin system, so we cannot even really control what will be visible in krita.

> > interaction strategies might work?
> >

> "Strategies" is too general, because it includes keyboard modifiers and
> different mouse buttons. We need to call it somehow (and it'll be reflected
> in user manual as well).

canvas actions?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org