Call for ideas: requirements for Krita tool actions system

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Jun 5 14:41:36 CEST 2011

On 06/05/2011 02:23 PM, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
>      > 11) All the tools should support common gestures those change their
>      > parameters. E.g. Shift+Drag. We can add different types of drags,
>     like
>      > Shift+Vertical Drag and Shift+Horizontal Drag, the type of drag
>     may be
>      > recognized automatically.
>
>     I think we need to find a better name for this than gestures,
>     because people are bound to be confused by the Qt gesture framework.
>

> Agree. Any suggestions?

"Gesture" is widely used to refer to roughly the same thing on 2
different levels, patterns in how a user uses input devices and the
series of events that are created as a result.

So I think using a different term would cause a problem, not solve one.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/