Speed of Krita 2.4

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Jul 31 14:52:47 CEST 2011

On Saturday 30 July 2011 Jul, JL VT wrote:
> So I've been using the Debug build all this time, because I like to catch
> asserts and have full backtracks, now I think I should compile a KritaDevs
> build for that instead.
> I'm not sure if the steady decline in speed that I've noticed in Debug means
> anything for Krita Release, because I used to paint with a Debug build just
> fine, and now it's almost unusable, but I'm going to find out!.

I don't think I ever had a usable Krita in debug mode... Maybe it's worth it to make one big commit changing all our asserts into checks, if the assert statements really take a lot of performance. Apparently, distributations also regularly enable asserts when building, they seem to deliver something very close to our KritaDevs build type: debug symbols, asserts and optimizations.