"gel" text.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jul 29 02:03:52 CEST 2011

In Gimp there is a lengthy routine (37 steps) that
produces display type in a faux 3 dimensional form that
emulates the true 3D effect found when foil text is laid
on a book front cover. This procedure is described in
detail in " The Artist's Guide to Gimp Effects" (Hammel)
on  page 265ff. He calls it "gel" text.

Although Krita has the same general mission as Gimp, with
perhaps more emphasis on drawing, I wonder if anyone has
attempted this particular 3d or bulging type effect in
Krita?

I can list the Gimp steps if needed but the Krita
mechanisms are enough different that I don't know if this
would be useful.
--
John Culleton

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"