splashscreen

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jul 22 13:11:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

Krita never had a splashscreen, originally because Patrick Julien's goal was to make krita startup so fast that the splash would be invisible anyway. We discussed this over the years, and having a splash screen is a good way to engage with the community: it offers a showcase for mascots, version identity and an opportunity for contests. So I added a splashscreen today. It's simple, and indeed disappears pretty quickly.

The current splash is intentionally ugly, so I hope it'll be replaced soon :-)