KDE 4.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 20 20:57:22 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 03:27:15 am Boudewijn Rempt
wrote:
> By then, I hope we'll
> have grown enough that someone steps up as our community
manager, like
> Lydia has done for Amarok.

You mean someone is actually trying to fix Amorak? I
became so annoyed at its spurious error messages on
Slackare 13.37 that I am in the process of installing non-
KDE software wherever possible, e.g. Claws-mail instead of
Kmail that I have used for a long, long time. Indeed KDE 4
is an almost total mess, to the point that I have switched
my GUI to XFCE. But when I fire up Kmail I still get those
stupid Akonadi messages. I have to start Kmail twice each
time. And the Kwallet password message comes up and takes
control in the middle of doing something else, so I enter
a sentence fragment instead of my password. The list goes
on.

My advice to Lydia, whomever she may be, is to find a way
to make KDE apps run without Amorak. There seems to be no
value added. The Kaddressbook and Kmail don't talk to each
other, and so on.

. --
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: