About the Brush Outline

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:18:34 CEST 2011

> > I have solution for sketch brush: two circles will be done as outline:
> > one for the size of the stroke and one dashed for the detection area
>
> I've been thinking about this, and I'm actually not sure whether users will
> know what the detection area is all about -- they only want to know what
> part of their work will be covered (approximately).
> --

I like Lukas idea, with one circle showing Line width and the other dashed
for actual brush size.
This could work for this brush engine.

>On the other hand, who do "precision" work with the size changing with
>pressure ? Or you will have to define what is meant by precision :)

I do;
For fine artlines with pixel brush it's absolutly needed, but usually again
I'm used to have a cross cursor for this.
Also to have an eraser brush size changing with pressure is useful for
precise corrections, and here I like to have the outline cursor because it's
easier to see what will be erased.