krita_strokes_framework_kazakov - Deprecated KisProjection and satellites

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Tue Jul 5 16:01:20 CEST 2011

So you deprecated KisProjection, huh? ¬_¬
The KisProjection solution for the smudge brush wasn't ideal anyway.
What I really (I mean really really really) want is something like the
"Sample all Layers" option in photoshop:
http://www.photoshopsociety.org/528/library/the-hidden-benefit-to-the-sample-all-layers-option-cs2-cs3-cs4-cs5.html
To make this possible a temporary paint device is needed that has all
the layers merged together like KisProjection
did but, and this is the important difference to KisProjection, is
supposed to get updated after a stroke and not
after each paintAt call.

Now the question. Would this be possible? I mean photoshop can do it
too, so I know that it is possible :P
I really don't mind if you remove the KisProjection stuff but I need a
proper replacement, so I can implement the "Sample all Layers"
functionality.

Thx for listening :-)