Patch: Many composite/blend modes mostly compatible to Adobe Photoshop (c)

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:21:51 CET 2011

Hi,

I've looked at the patch (only the comments of course, as I don't understand
mmuch the code..) and it looks cool!

As you are working on blending modes, do you think it could be possible to
add a simple "Onto" mode ?
(when painting on a layer with Onto blend mode, it display exactly what you
paint but respecting the transparency of layer(s) under.)

very useful when painting on another layer over an existing area under it ..
more handy than to have to go on the layer under, select from opaque and
return to paint layer !
(and leaves selection free to do other things with it at the same time) or
alternatively use 1 more transparency mask layer where it could be avoided.

what do you think about this?