Report of Meeting: plans 2011

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 6 09:52:57 CET 2011

On Thursday 06 January 2011, JL VT wrote:

> Actually I really want to work on this (I was already working on it before I
> was offered sponsorship).
>
> Polishing Phong Bumpmap, Impasto, and the Halftone brush are things that
> will come with time (Halftone and Bumpmap first, Impasto much later), since
> I feel I owe those, however I don't think any of those is too important for
> Krita at the moment compared to a good mixing brush.
>
> As for restoring Emanuelle's work... now that's something really really
> interesting but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. The Painterly
> Framework was made with the very idea of simulating subtractive color mixing
> in mind (if it was made thinking of something different then please correct
> me). If a brush engine is made that can mix colors like that (or in other
> fashions), then there is no need for the painterly framework anymore, at
> least not with any urgency.
> Knowing myself, It's only a matter of time before I try to solve the problem
> theoretically, but whether it turns into code that goes into Krita is
> something I don't know; it /will/ turn into a lengthy wall of text
> describing my findings somewhere though.

Emanuele's work is also more geared towards creating a good color mixer palette. For painting on the canvas, it's not that important, so I agree with you here.

And basically, the maths are done for the color mixing palette -- the rest is simple a matter of finishing the UI, and that's not really a big challenge.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org