Patches: Fix of smudge brush and a few other small things (sorry forgot to attach the patch :P)

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sat Jan 1 16:29:56 CET 2011

On Saturday 01 January 2011, Silvio Heinrich wrote:
> On 01/01/2011 10:27 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did some testing. First, I needed the attached patch to make it build.
> > I also did not get a good results as can be seen in:
> > http://cyrille.diwi.org/tmp/krita/smudgebrush/blackfringe.png
> >
> > I get those dark fringe. It also does not work nicely when when starting
> > from the brush.
> >
> > As for the cross hair, it is a good idea, however it is slightly off, you
> > can see that by creating a big brush and then zooming out a lot (I
> > wanted to make a screenshot, but ksnapshot does not capture the cursor
> > :( ).
>
> That is strange. I don't get the black fringe... maybe the patch didn't
> apply right?
> It works correctly for me http://imagebin.org/130508
> I made the patch against origin/master with the latest fetch yesterday.

Well you get red fringes :) (they get only black if you do it on a transparent
layer, but that is a bug that also exists in the current implementation). And
apparently the fringes are also a problem in the current implementation... And
it might be a regression in 2.3, I don't have a memory of that bug before.

But your implementation still have some problem on the starting point, one
that was not visible before.

> Do you have some tips for me... regarding making working patches with
> git :D ?
It would be better to have one branch per feature.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott