paintop presets with multi_sensors supprort unable to load?

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 01:51:02 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Silvio Heinrich <plassy at web.de> wrote:

> On 02/07/2011 09:21 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > I have merged the first part, ie, you can now select multiple sensors,
> but can
> > only use one curve. And we will keep the branch alive for multiple curve
> > support.
> >

> I encountered some strange behavior. When saving a PaintOp preset it
> will show up in the
> preset chooser list and you can use it. the preset will also be saved to
> disk.
> But after restarting krita, the last saved presets won't show up in the
> preset chooser list.
> All old presets that I saved before the multi_sensor branch was merged
> will show up in the list.
> Only the newly created ones won't. I don't know if the presets fail to
> load or simply fail to show up.
> And I'm not 100% sure that this is because of the multi_sensor branch.
>
> It would be nice if you could have a look :)
> And maybe someone else could try out and confirm or deny this problem.

The problem is this:
 <param name="DarkenSensor"><![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE params> <params

The sensor uses a cdata section to save, but inside it there is another
cdata section for the curve. XML doesn't allow the sections to be nested, so
it fails on loading the presets.
Possible solution could be to not use a cdata section for the curve. But we
have to check if that effects backwards compatibility for presets (Is it
backwards compatible?).