Artist feedback on DeviantArt

Bugsbane bugsbane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:52:55 UTC 2011

From:
http://cesar-fps.deviantart.com/art/Blegh-272588902

"A character based on the "Voladores de Papantla (Papantla Flying Men)".
Fully made with Krita, if not for certain issues it would be my favourite
imaging program."

I asked about what these "certain issues" might be and got this response:
"Well, for this picture I used version 2.3.3, fortunately all the troubles I
experienced were related to usability, like the lack of full shortcuts
support, at least for the tools, but as far as I know this is solved in 2.4
beta. Also, I found the text shape a bit unconfortable to use; I already
asked a few things about how to add text balloons and text borders in 2.4,
however I'm not really confortable with the options avaiable at the moment
in krita. And, I guess I should fill a bug report, but I found out that
adding any vector object will crash Krita 2.4 without even triggering the
crash handler or sending an error signal, but since I'm using the version
from the neon team ppa I'm not sure who should I report this to."

Just posting it here so it's seen, although I find that the shortcuts for
the main tools could still benefit from being shown either in tooltips
(which I understand is hard) or in the status area at the bottom of the
window.