Moving layers from Krita 2.4 (b4) to Gimp 2.7.4

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sat Dec 24 17:21:17 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have been testing Krita 2.4 beta 5 on Windows 7 so far :-)

I am really impressed by Krita on Windows: this considering it is its very FIRST release for this platform! :-)

There are still *many* software crash on Windows 7 but, on the whole, IMHO Krita is alreday a joy to work with.

One thing I have noticed it:
Krita 2.4 beta 4 outsmarts Gimp 2.7.4 on Linux (Ubuntu 11.10 - Unity Shell) in that you can move layers from Krita to Gimp.
On the contrary, it looks like you can NOT do the other way around.
That is, move layers from Gimp to Krita.

As I have expected, On Windows 7 (Krita 2.4 beta 5) you can NOT even move layers from Krita to Gimp 2.7.4 :-)

To recap:
- Krita 2.4(b4) outsmarts Gimp 2.7.4 on Linux Ubuntu when moving layers around
- Linux wins over Windows 7 around this topic :-)

I have recorded this video to show this feature first on Ubuntu 11.10 and later on Windows 7:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3095134/KRITA_2.4_THROWING_LAYERS_AROUND_WINDOWS.zip

Best regards and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Silvio Grosso