Krita 2.4 - Windows: how to report bugs?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 22 19:12:04 UTC 2011

On Thursday 22 December 2011 Dec, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 20:45, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > Worse, Microsoft actually forbids distributing debug builds.
>
> Forbids, or prevents? In what way do they forbid or prevent the
> distribution of debug builds? I am a Linux user at home, but I am
> interested in Krita for a Windows user so I test Krita in a virtual
> machine.

On windows, you need to have a full debug-build stack -- i.e., you cannot mix a release-build of libc with a debug-build of krita. The app simply wouldn't start. And Microsoft in their license agreement for msvc explicitly forbids the redistribution of debug builds of their libc and libc++ equivalents.

It's a huge pain, and the reason for mozilla's breakpad thing, in fact.