Crash while loading Krita

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Tue Aug 9 16:46:06 UTC 2011

Am 09.08.2011 14:53, schrieb Cyrille Berger Skott:
> On Monday 08 August 2011, Silvio Heinrich wrote:
>> Instead I use the placement new operator that only calls the constructor
>> of a class on an arbitrary chunk of memory.
> I see... interesting construct, I guess we learn everything new everyday :)
:D yes c++ is so huge that you stumble upon something completely new
even after years of use. The last time for me was as I saw some really
nasty member function pointer suff... and when the new features of c++0x
get widely used we will see even more :3

> Then I guess the solution is to have that chunk of memory to be alligned, ie,
> put EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW in the KisColor class.

I tried this, too but i think this macro is really only useful if you
create the structure on the heap. I still get the assert because the
KisColor objects are mostly created on the stack.
I now align the Core struct inside the buffer myself.

Seems to work now so I reactivate the docker again.
Just tell me i something still is going wrong :)