Crash while loading Krita

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sun Aug 7 23:09:16 UTC 2011

Am 07.08.2011 17:16, schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Sunday 07 August 2011 Aug, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> Damn! Now I get it as well :-(
>
> Silvio... Can you take a look? http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/UnalignedArrayAssert.html tries to explain the situation quite carefully. For now, I think the artisticcolorselector should be disabled. On a side-note -- maybe KisColor isn't the best name here -- it's a bit generic.

Did it really crash or was just the assertion thrown?
It seems to me that the assertion is thrown no matter if the data is
aligned at 16bytes or not and guessing from the Eigen docs all vectors
of static size should be 16byte aligned anyway.
Maybe Eigen has just some problem with the placement new operator.
Anyway I disabled the assertion for KisColor. Would be nice if someone
could test if it crashes (because I only get an assertion in full debug
mode but no crash in release).

I'll enable the docker again if it doesn't crash anymore :)

Regarding the name of KisColor. Some suggestion for an other name ?? :3