Regarding Tagging for Image Docker

శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర srikanth.tulasiram at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 01:52:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/8/5 శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర <srikanth.tulasiram at gmail.com>

>>> That should already be done by Nepomuk, I think. Nepomuk should be able
>>> to track if a file was moved.
>>> Additionally there is the Metadata Writeback gsoc project that tries to
>>> save metadata to files (no idea what the status is).
>>>

>> If we want to write things to images - we have to use nepomuk
>>     But in the case of nepomuk without writeback support -- if we change
>> an image to another folder, then tags are no more attached to the image.
>> Implementation of Writeback support to nepomuk will take some more time ( on
>> seeing the status page of work being done ).
>>

> I just checked that and the tags are are still attached to the file after
> it's moved. Of course that doesn't work anymore if the file is in a remote
> location.

Sorry for misunderstanding, I checked the files don't having tags attached
to them when we copy and paste the file only. But when we move or do cut
-paste, the tags are remained with the files. .

>> Copy images in directory - we can use either nepomuk or XML
>>

> If you copy the image we are back at resources. The idea of the image
> docker seems to be more about accessing some collection of image from the
> filesystem so I don't think doing a copy would be good in that case.

So, we will move with resource tagging with nepomuk option. And also  we
need not to make nepomuk stuff as  hard dependency as silvio suggested in
the previous mail.

How should the GUI should look and do we need any separate tab so that in
that tab we have all tagging functionality ?

--
Regards
Srikanth Tiyyagura