Regarding Tagging for Image Docker

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Thu Aug 4 18:07:52 UTC 2011

Am 04.08.2011 15:54, schrieb శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర:

> Hi Silvio,
>
>        I am Srikanth Tiyyagura, working on  GSOC project " Resource
> Management and Tagging for Krita." I heard from boud, that there is a
> need of tagging support for image docker. Can you explain me what you
> need actually ?
>
>    I seen the image docker widget where there are two tabs one is
> browsing and another is image tab. Where can we place the textEdit bars
> so that we can add, delete tags and search images using tags ?
>
> And also can you explain me in brief about image docker and various tabs
> purpose ?

Well it is this: Artists often need a reference image to know how
certain things are painted. I made the image docker exactly for this.
You have the first tab where you can browse your hard drive for your
reference images than double click on them and they will open in the
second tab. There is nothing more to it.

It would be nice if the artist is able to tag his reference images.
But thats is different to the preset tagging since the images normally
don't belong to krita the user is free to move them to any place he
likes. I only can think of two solutions here... we write the tags to
the images or we copy the image in a directory that belongs to krita.

I think on the GUI part we would need another tab to browse the saved
(tagged) images. I can do the GUI stuff myself :) but some kind of API
to handle the tagging would be nice (I don't know if you already have
something).

And there is the "Artistic Color Selector" docker what will need tagging
in the near future, too but it doesn't save anything yet. I'm not
familiar with the resource system. Is it possible to create and register
a new resource type?