meeting notes

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Thu Apr 7 14:02:41 CEST 2011

On 04/07/2011 12:14 PM, David REVOY wrote:
>> I think Deevad will be more helpful than me for the concept art workflow.
> Hi! No problem about this ^
>
> Here are the document with the personnal notes I'm writting for the
> Sprint next month ; it's still in progress but may be it's interesting
> to share it now :
> http://www.davidrevoy.com/XYZ/temp/Krita-personnal-notes_for_sprint-davidrevoy.pdf
> (pdf, 46Ko )
>
> Best regards
> -David

Yes... there are many little things in krita right now that are
disturbing a really fast work flow (or are just plain disturbing).
The zoom and the canvas rotation are amongst the top ten i would say :D
Canvas rotation is useless without a fast access to it and the zoom
focus should at least be centered in the middle of the view (better at
the mouse position).
I wanted to do this for such a long time now :/ but i couldn't find some
time for it.

For the blending modes there is already a new ordering (in the branch
krita-blendingmodes-silvioheinrich) that should be similar to yours.
But you cannot merge the branch yourself (unless you know what you do
:P) because it will result in conflicts... so you cannot try out.

I'll try to get the blending-modes branch merged and then i try to get
the zoom and canvas rotation stuff polished.
You can already set shortcuts for rotating the canvas left and right
(just search for "rotate" in the shortcut options).
But i have the idea to use the "touch ring" of the intuous4 for the
canvas rotation too (would IMHO feel pretty natural).

Phew... if i had more time :D