About Grayscaled selections

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:38:37 CEST 2011

> Well, a transparency mask could work for a generator layer, but for a
> filter layer, it would be weird, I think.

Well, in theory, transparency mask will be optimized by walkers as well. But
this approach still has major disadvantages from the UI point of view:

1) An additional mask takes space at the docker. It means we just waste the
space of the window.
2) The user will have to collapse the the layer's tree to hide the mask.
This will make the work with this mask cumbersome. The user will have to
first click onto a tiny "plus" sign, then select a mask, paint, then click a
tiny "minus" again.

I think we shouldn't creates such difficulties.

--
Dmitry Kazakov