[calligra/krita-fixsmudgebrush-silvioheinrich] ColorSmudge brush

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Apr 4 21:41:51 CEST 2011

Hi Lukas,

Lukas wrote:
> I think it replaces the old smudge, what about others?

I am neither a developer nor an artist, thus keep my "vote" with more than a
grain of salt :-)

In my view, it is better to have only one brush engine (instead of two).
This provided that the old one doesn't have some really cool features useful
for our artists :-)

In essence, by keeping only one engine you:
- have less "confusion" for your new users;
- less code to download; :-)
- less bugs to correct (If I am not mistaken the new smudge brush engine
fixes some nasty bugs);
- less pages to write in the Krita manual; :-)
- last but not least, it appears (I haven't tested it myself) that Silvio
Heinrich has done really a magnificent job: why not profit about this? :-)

Best regards,

Silvio